Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Monday

Is it really Monday, where does the time go? My sweet baby boy turned 10 months yesterday, 2 more months and I'll be mother to a toddler!!!!!!!! AHH!!
I'm so ready for another one :) truthfully I was ready when he was 2 months! My husband thinks I'm crazy :) Amen to that, I'm crazy but not for wanting
5 kids!
Here's the thing about having more kids...

I finally approached this subject with my hubby at dinner Sat. night.
I've actually been afraid to touch this topic, but a few glasses of wine later I took the dive and brought it up!
I'm a nanny for a little boy 2 weeks older than BB. I was SO lucky to have found this job and I honestly get paid way too much for being able to bring my son with me.
As some of you know, my hubby's in a training program which has moved us around a ton. I stopped going to school yrs ago (slap to the forehead) so I don't have a degree in anything.
I have NO DESIRE what so ever for any of my children to ever see the inside of a daycare. I want with all of my heart to be with them until the day they walk into Kindergarten.
Here lies the problem...
When we have baby #2 no one's going to hire me as a nanny!
My husband makes decent money but we're both very selfish people (we still have separate bank accounts and have no desire to EVER change that.)
We separate the bills (he pays most)
Cars are paid off :)
When he's done with the training program (probably another yr)
we'll be moving back close to family and buying a house.
I hate the thought that I will be putting nothing towards the house, that I guess I'm suppose to just "expect" him to pay for everything.
That's not who I am, I can't stand not having my own money, not putting some kind of contribution in...especially to our future house.
I adore my hubby so so so much,
I know he's thought about this as well,
But his response was perfect..
"We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

Side note:

When I was pregnant it was very important for me to stay home with BB.
PB (hubby) always supported me but deep down didn't see why.
Once we had BB he told me how much he loved BB being with me all day and that he wouldn't have it any other way :)

That made me so happy!

Back on subject..

Another concern I have,
When we do get pass that point when the kiddos are off to School...
where does that leave me?
I don't have a career to fall back on.
I'm scared.
I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to breastfeeding and recently I've thought about becoming a lactational nurse or teacher for BF.
I love the idea of helping others breastfeed, I'm SO passionate about it and I love teaching others how important it is.
So that's where I am right now.
Anyone else in similar shoes?

blog comments powered by Disqus